From: Darryl Lewis [mailto:darryl.le...@unsw.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:12 PM
To: Mendiratta, Shashank; Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How ot monitor hung tomcat/apache processes?

Are you trying to monitor from the same computer that tomcat is running
on? That's not a good idea. What happens if the entire system
crashes...you won't get any data/alerts. End to end uses another machine
to monitor the first.
You could monitor catalina.out for errors, but I don't think you'll
capture every possibility.
What would happen if the system stops serving pages (or serves them
slow)? That won't show in the logs.

What port is your application running on? You can use (from another
machine) wget {servername}:8080.

On 22/09/10 10:30 PM, "Mendiratta, Shashank"