+1

> (IMO PHPBB is a horrible, horrible application.)

Can't comment on that last bit.....

Personally, I like the mailing list format for this project.  It's
really helped expand my understanding of Tomcat by reading topics that
normally I wouldn't have thought to go looking for.  I've had my eyes
opened on some issues that I normally would not have gone looking for on
a web-based forum. In turn, I've then "educated" my development team on
those issues and our product has improved because of it.

For usage, I use *shudder* Outlook, have a rule which dumps all properly
formatted list emails into a dedicated folder, which is sorted "by
conversation, newest on top".  From that, I can delete whole threads
based on subjects that I can tell have no relevance for me at this
point.  I also clear out topics as I read them if they've been resolved,
or found I'm not interested.  If they later interest me enough to
contribute, I can go to MarkMail or Nabble and review the thread.  Works
great.

I do subscribe to some web-based forums, notably Linux Questions and
Installshield Community, but find I hardly ever use them, much less
contribute.  I comfortable enough with Linux that I don't have that many
Qs, and don't use IS enough during a year to need a lot of help, much
less consider myself knowledge-able enough to contribute answers.

This format seems nearly perfect for me for this group.

Jeff

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.