On 12 October 2010 19:47, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> I would.
>
> I believe that is true.
>
> On the other hand, there is another case where you might have problems.
> If you have, say, 512 worker threads in Apache httpd but you only have,
> say, 200 request processor threads configured in Tomcat, then you will
> get mod_jk connection failures on the httpd side.
>
> I would recommend that you have enough request processors configured in
> Tomcat to handle the expected load.
>
> - -chris
Thanks Chris (and everyone else for their comments).

As an update: I updated Tomcat from 6.0.24 to 6.0.29 and commented out
the cachesize directive from workers.properties. The server ran for a
full day yesterday and not a single 503 error. :) So with a bit of
luck it will continue to work as expected. Of course I'll monitor for
any other issues for the next few days.

Rob