From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:57 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Disable class monitoring for reloading container classes

> From: Jane Muse [mailto:jm...@aldon.com]
> Subject: RE: Disable class monitoring for reloading container classes

> Here's my context.xml:
>
> <!-- WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource -->

That may not be illegal syntax for XML, but it certainly is confusing.
Better to do this:

  <!--
   -->

> We are not defining our webapps context file in META-INF/context.xml.
> It is outside the CATALINA_BASE, in a separate directory that contains

> the War file, the context file and a conf directory for the webapp.

See below for your self-contradictory statement.

> Here's the contents of the <webapp>.xml file:

Which is located where?

>  ************Beginning of data************** <Context
> docBase="<webapp_dir>>/>webapp>.war"
>  path="<webapp>"
>  reloadable="false">
> </Context>

That's even more confusing and definitely not valid syntax, as well as
having an illegal path attribute.

> "<webapp>" is the name of the webapp directory in
> <catalina_base>/webapps/<webapp>.

So is your webapp in <catalina_base>/webapps or not?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.