Dear Sal and Brett,

thank you for pointing this out to me.

I changed the definition of the SSLEngine to "off".

But, still, the error persists.

I am unable to copy the error messages, and paste them here, because, as I
mentioned in my earlier post, there is NO error message.  Whenever I try to
start Tomcat, I get this weird scene : lines of text flashing past the screen
at lightening speed!  Then my computer "hangs", and I have to reboot it.

As I also mentioned in my first posting, I have performed this entire procedure
before ---- created a keystore, imported the certificate into the keystore, and
modified the server.xml file. And everything worked smoothly.

Back then, I was using Tomcat 6.0.18.  Which is the same version I am using now.

Basically, I have done everything exactly the same way. So, I do not understand
where this problem is coming from.

And, to make matters worse, there is no "error message" to tell me what I am
doing wrong.

Richard da Silva

--- On Tue, 10/26/10, Brett Delle Grazie <brett.dellegra...@intact-is.com>