On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Aggarwal, Ajay
<ajay.aggar...@stratus.com> wrote:

> But now I am thinking that perhaps URL rewriting can help me here.
> Perhaps I can still deploy my application as "myapp" and use URL
> rewriting filters to do following mapping:
>
>  /foo --> /myapp/foo
>  /bar --> /myapp/bar
>  /sample1.html --> /myapp/sample1.html
>
> Will this work? Are there good URL re-writing filter libraries
> available?

Yes, it /would/ work, but why in the name of $DEITY would you go to
all that trouble when you can just name your application ROOT and
be done with it??

You would still have to have a ROOT application to contain the filters
anyway, unless you're front-ending the app with something else like
Apache httpd.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan