On Nov 6, 2010, at 12:50 AM, rujin raj wrote:

> Now my server.xml file is like this.As you told i added
> executor="tomcatThreradPool" as follows
>
> <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
>     maxThreads="1000" minSpareThreads="150"/>
>
> <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>      connectionTimeout="20000"
>      executor="tomcatThreadPool"
>      maxThreads="1000"
>      enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>       redirectPort="8443" />
> Still the minSpareThreads is not taken into account.

I believe (if I heard it correctly), either Mark T. or Tim F. explained at
ApacheCon this week that the minimum is not immediate.  It needs to build up to
that level.  So, when you start Tomcat, you won't immediately fire up 150
threads for the executor pool, but once >= 150 threads are created in the
process of serving requests, it will always keep a minimum of 150 for you.