Well, maybe you can help me to make an interpretation.

I'm using Yourkit, and this this what I see. The most RAM is used by byte
arrays. If I choose this entry in the list of classes, below you will see a
list of objects. If you choose the first one and check the content (400kb),
it is the image of a static HTML page.

I really don't know how to find out to which classes do these bytes belong
to, or their relationship with the garbage collector, but I can see that
they use a lot of RAM.

the static

> ones.

> > Those static pages are in their own WARs, so they have nothing to do

> > with the java code in my app.

> > Where do I configure Tomcat to stop caching the static pages in memory?

> > This is definitely my problem, I can see clearly the pages in my

> > memory snapshot, and when I let Google crawl my site with more speed,

> > my site (and Tomcat itself, I guess) crashes sooner.

> You are missing the point. It is highly unlikely the 10MB per webapp cache
is

> causing problems given that you previously states that there are only two
WAR