It's really difficult to troubleshoot ISAPI redirector problems. No one really
seems to be able to help much when you get a problem and the logs are either
unhelpful or vastly too verbose. I think that changes in IIS have dramatically
complicated it and the Tomcat Docs have not kept up. In particular there's no
discussion of which application pool the jakarta redirector is running as
versus the default application pool for the server. I know for certain that if
they don't match up, things break in mysterious and unusual ways.
Unfortunately, some of these things only come up when you're dealing with
real-world servers. If you have a toy server set up for testing, none of these
things like Application Pools break.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
303 438-9585