I tried. In the "contextDestroyed" method I placed a code that looks for the
drivers and unregisters them. But the only driver found is
"sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver", which is not even unregistered because
(driver.getClass().getClassLoader().equals(getClass().getClassLoader())) = false

> > Nov 18, 2010 10:22:58 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
> > clearReferencesThreads
> > SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named
> [MySQL Statement Cancellation Timer] but has failed to stop it. This is very
> likely to create a memory leak.
>
> I thought someone mentioned this was fixed in the latest MySQL JDBC driver.

Thanks. I have downloaded to latest driver. Now lets see if that solves it.

> > Nov 18, 2010 10:22:58 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
> > clearThreadLocalMap
> > SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type
> [org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder$1] (value
> [org.apache.commons.lang.builder.reflectiontostringbuilde...@1794040])
> and a value of type [java.util.HashSet] (value [[]]) but failed to remove it
> when
> the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
>
> I think this one is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-586

Thanks. I have upgraded to the latest version of Commons Lang.