2010/11/21 Victor Kabdebon <victor.kabde...@gmail.com>:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am running a server with tomcat 6 installed and running for a long time. I
> deploy the war files remotely with the following command in my browser :
>
> [Server location]/manager/deploy?path=/&war=file:[pathtoFile]/index.war
> [Server location]/manager/deploy?path=/user&war=file:[pathtoFile]/user.war

Do you have access to the HTML Manager interface?
[Server location]/manager/html

Maybe the app is already deployed (some remnants of the app).

Or maybe there is context file for it (in conf/Catalina/localhost)
while the app itself is unavailable.

> I'd like to avoid reinstalling the whole tomcat server for such a mistake

If it is some old release of tomcat6 (you are not mentioning which
one), installing a newer version might be a good thing to do.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko