You might try configuring tomcat to use port 443 and register your server cert with tomcat instead of IIS and then disabling IIS. that should get you what you are looking for

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathaniel Thalluri <nathaniel.thall...@gmail.com>
To : Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Fri Nov 26 14:55:47 2010
Subject: Re: Tomcat website unreachable on the internet

Andre,

*How are the computers/workstations on the Internet supposed to read your
Windows hosts file, to know the IP address ?
For that matter, how is that Windows server connected to the Internet ?*

This is something I will have to ask my network admin.
You also mention that the Alias tag is superfluous. My intention in adding
it was to get to the site by typing https://portal.plugpower.com not
https://portal.plugpower.com:8443/SRA/. But this is not the case, using the
Alias URL on the server machine gives me a 'page under construction' page.

Thanks.