Pid,

Thanks for your patience. Here is the output from catalina.out file
while the webapp is being undeployed. As you can see there are few
threadLocals that are cleaned up.

Dec 10, 2010 8:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.threadlo...@7ee75db3]) and a
value of type [org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader] (value
[WebappClassLoader
  delegate: false
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.standardclassloa...@1eb3319f
]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To
prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
Dec 10, 2010 8:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.threadlo...@7ee75db3]) and a
value of type [org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader] (value
[WebappClassLoader
  delegate: false
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.standardclassloa...@1eb3319f
]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To
prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
Dec 10, 2010 8:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[org.apache.xml.security.utils.UnsyncByteArrayOutputStream$1] (value
[org.apache.xml.security.utils.unsyncbytearrayoutputstrea...@775d1479])
and a value of type [byte[]] (value [...@5faeed4]) but failed to remove
it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the
ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
Dec 10, 2010 8:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.ThreadLocalDocumentBuilder] (value
[org.apache.axis.utils.xmlutils$threadlocaldocumentbuil...@3a0ee334])
and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl] (value
[org.apache.xerces.jaxp.documentbuilderi...@61583db6]) but failed to
remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory
leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

Srikanth