Hey there,

I 'm working on the following log file output:

15.12.2010 15:37:51 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SCHWERWIEGEND: The web application [/phoenix-webapp] appears to have started a
thread named [Replication Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very
likely to create a memory leak.
15.12.2010 15:37:51 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SCHWERWIEGEND: The web application [/phoenix-webapp] appears to have started a
thread named [Replication Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very
likely to create a memory leak.

These are threads started by the EHCache cache manager. When undeploying the
web application, Tomcat fails to stop it.

I implemented a web application predestroy listener, which is called while
undeployment and shuts down the cache. When monitoring the threads, JConsole
tells me that there are no replication threads left running.

So, I 'm wondering if there is a serious problem leading to memory leaks? Or
does Tomcat stops the threads? Or does Tomcat collect running threads
information while EHCache has not yet finished shutting down? Has anyone any
idea?

Stephan