On Dec 20, 2010, at 12:16, "Luca Gervasi" <tom...@ashetic.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to lower the permgen needed by a large amount of webapps
> moving all the commonly used libs to the tomcat common libs.

That's a really, really bad idea. You would be intertwining all your webapps,
potentially introducing object leaks across webapps, and creating
insurmountable versioning issues. You'd also require a complete Tomcat restart
to update any single webapp.

Webapps are intended to be independent; don't make your life miserable by tying
them all together. If you need more PermGen space, configure it. If you've got
memory leaks, fix them.

 - Chuck