From: Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, December 22, 2010 6:53:46 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat Hangs with variable frequency

> net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.close ( JtdsResultSet.java:486 )

I think it is an issue with implementation of JtdsResultSet.close(), [1]

0485:                        if (!getConnection().isClosed()) {
0486:                            // Skip to end of result set
0487:                            // Could send cancel but this is safer as
0488:                            // cancel could kill other statements
in a batch.
0489:                            while (next())
0490:                                ;
0491:                        }

[1]
http://www.java2s.com/Open-Source/Java-Document/Database-JDBC-Connection-Pool/jTDS/net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/JtdsResultSet.java.htm

[2]
http://jtds.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jtds/branches/jTDS%201.2%20%28stable%29/src/main/net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/JtdsResultSet.java?revision=1107&view=markup#l467

It tries to dispose the resultset by reading through it and hangs in
the process (or maybe the resultset is too big and reading it takes a
while).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko