From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 4:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: can't start tomcat5.5.31

> From: Tim Clotworthy [mailto:tclotwor...@integratedsecure.com]
> Subject: can't start tomcat5.5.31

> My machine is a 64 bit Vista machine with Service Pack 1.
> The java runtime is 1.6.0.

32- or 64-bit JVM?

> I have tried installing with the native apache dll option

Get it working with pure Java first, then add the native connector.

> thinking the installer doesn't know what to do with this being
> a 64 bit machine.

As I recall, the installer in 5.5.31 assumes a 64-bit JVM is available on a
64-bit OS.  If you actually have a 32-bit JVM installed (why?), you'll need to
use the 32-bit version of 5.5.31.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.