Hi,
 I met a very weird problem to deploy grails war on tomcat.

The environment of tomcat server is :
 Tomcat Version JVM Version JVM Vendor OS Name OS Version OS Architecture
Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 1.6.0_22-b04 Sun Microsystems Inc. Linux 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen
i386

The development environment:
1. Windows 7 64 bits and jdk 1.6.0.20 64 bits   netbean 6.9   This War
always fails to deploy on tomcat,  but runs successfully on local machine.
2. VMWare based UBuntu 10.10 32bits jdk 1.6.0.20 32bits   This one works,
but failed if the codes are in the sharefolder with win7. Have to copy to
ubuntu to make the war work.  The two Wars generated in two ways have
hundred bytes difference.

 The error is :  ERROR context.ContextLoader  - Context initialization
failed
with name 'grailsApplication' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net.test.user.Person
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net.test.user.Person
        at net.test.Bill.class$(Bill.groovy)
        at net.test.Bill.$get$$class$net$kencast$user$Person(Bill.groovy)
        at net.test.Bill.<clinit>(Bill.groovy:10)
        ... 3 more

 The weired thing  is that if I use Ubuntu(32bits)/Netbean to build the
war(same code), it works fine.... The ubuntu is running on VMware. But if
the codes are in the sharefolder with windows, the war still does not work.
 I have to copy the files from shareFolder to Ubuntu. Then using the same
codes to build the war, it works... And the size of two war have hundred
bytes difference.
  Anyone meets the same problem? Thank you so much.
Best,
Gavin Yue