Apologies.

 I meant Tomcat Deploys the new warfile but doesn't use the newly deployed
app (very tired. Really really long day).
Anyway, the reason I know that tomcat is serving the wrong app version is
because the login page for the updated app is different to the one tomcat is
serving along with several other pages served after logging in, and there
are no others apps deployed in the webapp folder.
The following are the server and context.xml fies: http://fpaste.org/uIsJ/