André Warnier wrote:
alex wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
On 22/02/2011 13:27, alex wrote:
alex wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
On 21/02/2011 04:25, alex wrote:
hi all,
I get 404 err, if I add %D0 to url, but I get just blank page if I add %zD0 . I'm supposed to get bad request in this case. how do I fix this
problem?
Check the response headers.

If you don't see a 400 response, exactly which Tomcat version are you
using?

Mark

I used 6.0.24 .
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlets/%D0 returns 404
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlets/%zD0 returns blank page

Can anyone tell me if it's a bug or a problem on my side?
thanks.

Again, look at the response *headers*.

Mark

Mark,
it does return 400 code, but in my app I set:
   <error-page>
    <error-code>400</error-code>
    <location>/WEB-INF/error.jsp</location>
  </error-page>
   <error-page>
    <error-code>404</error-code>
    <location>/WEB-INF/error.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

and tomcat doesn't show it. this custom err page is shown for 404 code, but not for 400...
Can you give me a hint why?
thanks again.

probably because :
because of the bad URL, Tomcat never even "maps" this call to your application,

shouldn't it be 404 error if tomcat can't map "this call"?

so it sends its own 400 error page (as Konstantin already > explained, I
believe).