On 2/24/2011 10:49 AM, János Löbb wrote:
Hi,

What is the very basic structure of a web application that is connected to a
database through a connection pool, but would not require to restart itself or
restart Tomcat when the database goes down - let say for maintenance ?

Telling otherwise how to write a webapp that would survive a database recycling
and would not require human interactions to make it work again.

I've never had trouble having my app reconnect after restarting the database; the tomcat db connection classes handle that transparently, AFAIK.