Ah, thank you Konstantin and Charles, you pointed out something that I
didn't have to worry about on a Win based machine.  The
conf/Catalina/localhost/myappname.xml file was not in sync with the
webapps/myapp/META-INF/context.xml file.  As soon as I updated the file in
the /conf/Catalina... directory, and logged in, the error seemed to have
gone by the wayside.  Just a few things to get right et, and I should be
good to go.  Thanks again guys, and sorry to bother everyone on a Saturday.

Warmest Regards,

Josh