Hello,

Is there a hook exposed in tomcat such that a custom class can be
introduced to do some work at a point where we have a list of the
docBase attribute for all the web applications that will be hosted by
this tomcat instance ... while one of the web application specific
handling has begun yet?

I 'm asking this for any tomcat version, starting with 5.x, 6.x or 7.x
... I don't care.

The motivation behind this question is a bit wordy so I don't want to
take everyone off topic by posting it here ... but if you are
interested in reading you can refer to this link:
http://pulkitsinghal.blogspot.com/2011/03/idea-day-scan-for-shared-webapp.html

Thanks!