Hi Thomas,

First thanks for your reply. This is the relevant section in the
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/log4j.properties file:

log4j.debug=true
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, CATALINA, CONSOLE
.
.
.
log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.encoding=UTF-8
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.DatePattern = '.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.conversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} - %X{login} -
%X{device} - %X{uri} - %X{log} - %X{sessionId} - %m%n

and this is the log4j.properties file (relevant console section) for the
application:

        <appender name="LOGOUT.CONSOLE"
class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
                <param name="File"
value="$CATALINA_BASE/logs/application-console.log"/>
                <param name="Append" value="true"/>
                <param name="datePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>
                        <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{HH:mm:ss}
                </layout>
        </appender>

but I can still see the application console output going into 'catalina.out'
instead in the 'application-console.log' file which never gets created.

And this is what I have in the application context:

<Context .... swallowOutput="true"> .... </Context>

Thanks,
Igor