download tomcat-jdbc.jar from
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/jdbc-pool/
and put it in your lib directory
Filip

On 4/20/2011 7:38 AM, dunnlow wrote:
So, I'm investigating moving away from an oracleconnectionpool and using the
tomcat connection pool.  I followed the myriad of examples for configuring
the Resource in the server.xml.  Found great info here
(http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat/jdbc-pool.html) However, when I
start tomcat, I get the following error:

javax.naming.NamingException: Could not load resource factory class [Root
exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool
DataSourceFactory]

I'm using Tomcat 6.0

My config in server.xml is
<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory" name="jdbc/myds"
password="mypasswd" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.10.10.33:1234:myds" user="myuname" />

I get it, tomcat can't find the class.  But WHY?  I don't see anything in
the documentation about adding extra .jar files.  I've looked in the distrib
and can find the golden .jar anyway.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!