Hi,

Adding some -claspath based upon man javac, I reduced the number of errors to
two.

bml0065:classes administrator$ sudo javac -classpath
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.10/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/util:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.10/lib/servlet-api.jar
 SessionExample.java SessionExample.java:33: package util does not exist
import util.HTMLFilter;
           ^
SessionExample.java:100: cannot access HTMLFilter
bad class file:
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.10/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/util/HTMLFilter.java
file does not contain class HTMLFilter
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
            out.println(HTMLFilter.filter(name) + " = "
                        ^
2 errors

How can I get rid off these two ?  I tried this command too:
sudo javac -classpath
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.10/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/util/HTMLFilter.class:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.10/lib/servlet-api.jar
 SessionExample.java

and also with HTMLFilter.java in place of HTMLFilter.class, but then the number
of errors climbed back to three :-(

Thanks ahead,

János