this is the way to go, just setup a service dependency

On 4/28/2011 7:36 AM, Peter Crowther wrote:
You could use Windows' service dependency management (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193888) to start Tomcat only after Oracle
reports that it's running.  This might still cause problems if Oracle does
the same as SQL Server and continues recovering after its "official" startup
has finished.  In that case, I'd try to write a small service that polled
Oracle every few seconds till it started, then reported itself as started,
and make Tomcat dependent on that.  Service creation in Windows isn't too
hard, but it's another moving part to support!

- Peter