Hello,
I've made some thread dumps with https connection in progress.

W dniu 2011-05-04 15:49, Caldarale, Charles R pisze:
From: Michał Kapituła [mailto:michal.kapit...@comarch.pl]
Subject: Slow SSL connections after Tomcat 5 to 7 migration
I've just tested the page generation time via local network (and
browser's cache off) and the page is being fully loaded in circa 2
seconds (with Firebug on) when using http, while loading the same
page using secure connection took as much as 10 times longer.
If the CPU usage is not high during page generation over SSL, and the network
isn't inducing delays, then the threads must be waiting for something.  Can you
take some thread dumps during the delay period and find out what they're stuck
on?  (My suspicion is reads from /dev/random, but I thought that was only
during Tomcat initialization.)

Really I don't know what to search for there (maybe you could give me some clues?). Could you explain why reading from /dev/random possibly could be the case here?

I thought that seperate SSL Handshake could be made for each of the requests, but I can't see such behaviour in the dumps. Only one or zero threads commiting a handshake, others appear to autoaccept it (maybe not a precise term).

Also, is Tomcat front-ended by anything (e.g., httpd), or are you accessing it
directly?
No, it isn't.

Did anything else change when you upgraded Tomcat?  For example, the JVM
version?
No, nothing changed. Btw - the Tomcat version is 7.0.12 and JDK's is 6.0.14

I'll update JDK tommorow, I'm not sure if it will change anything, but won't hurt neither...

I'll appretiate any additional help from you guys. Maybe there's any additional info I could provide to make things more clear? Please let me know.

Regards,
Michał