Hello Alexander,
On Mon, 9 May 2011 11:48:54 +0200, Alexander Diedler wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about the configuration of loadbalancer with mod_jk
for Apache 2.2.

We have 2 physical servers. Both have 2 different Tomcat
Installations. Tomcat 6.0.26 and 6.0.32. We make worker1 and worker2
for both servers Tomcat 6.0.26 (Serverport 8010) and define a
loadbalancer worker with member worker1 and worker2.

Today we install the new application, that will be served by a
separate Tomcat (6.0.32) as a cluster. We define the worker 3 and
worker4 for both servers Tomcat 6.0.32 (Serverport 8012) and add the
workers to the existing loadbalancing worker as members. Is this a
valid configuration or should we define a new loadbalancer worker
called loadbalancer2 for the worker3 and worker4?
Clusters of workers can be used only if all workers share the same apps.

If you have four workers (w1, w2, w3 and w4) and have two different sets of applications - appset1 on w1 and w2; appset2 on w3 and w4 -, you must build two clusters and set the members to w1 and w2 or w3 and w4 respectively.

Regards
 Felix

Greetings

Alexander Diedler