On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:35 PM, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> (RFC 2616 says that a port can be present in the Host: header; but it does
> not mention what the server should do with it.  And I can't think of what it
> could do with it either, since by the time the server reads this header, the
> connection is already established with the webserver anyway.)

While I haven't run across that port # in the Host header bit before,
it's possible that the initial server (localhost in the example above)
is a proxy server, yes?

In which case the request endpoint could be another (virtual) host,
on a different port.

Not that that's probably relevant in this case, but FWIW  :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder