On 05/26/2011 09:50 PM, André Warnier wrote:
Putting your answer together with the one from Chuck :

I understand that if the tcpdump program runs on the same host as the one which is sending the packets, it may not be able to correctly see the TCP checksum, since it captures the packet before it goes out on the network, and it is the NIC which calculates and inserts the TCP checksum just before the packet is sent over the network.
Right ?

But is this the case here ?
Where is/was the tcpdump program run, which captured these packets, as compared to the "client" and "server" systems ?
I am quite certain this was from the ESB node which was the "client" to tomcat ..

thanks
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera