On Fri, 27 May 2011 09:50:06 +0200, André Warnier wrote:

Searching the WWW, I am finding (too) many interpretations of the
output of "-verbose:gc" (or "-verbosegc", none of them starting from
exactly the format above.
I can kind of guess what the above means, but where can I find an
"authoritative" interpretation for Sun/Oracle Java 1.6 ?

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to specify that instead of
the unreadable leading timestamp above, one can get a nicely-formatted
one ?
(-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps ?)

I use the following options:

-Xloggc:gc.log -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps

We use nice tool from HP (HPJmeter) at work. It parses GC logfile and produces various graphs. I guess you can download it for free from www.hp.com/go/java

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>