Hey,
I use Tomcat's JDBC pool (tomcat-jdbc.jar)
sorry, I haven't quite understood why shouldn't I use the
ValidationInterval="30000" (30 seconds) string on my configuration..
On tomcat's documentation, it says that testonborrow=true and
validationQuery=SELECT 1 were part of the DBCP , and the
ValidationInterval=30000 is introduced in the Tomcat's JDBC pool.

Thanks
Hils