You really need to read
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before folks here
just start ignoring your messages.

On 22/06/2011 20:59, adarsh thimmappa wrote:
> Hi All,
>      In the entire source file of  *
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol* class in *tomcat server 7.0.14*,
> there are no setters to set any of these properties such as
> connectionTimeout,socket reuseaddress, keepalivetimeout etc. I compared the
> same file with the *tomcat server version 6.0.14*, there in the source code,
> we check for all the attributes entered in the server.xml for connector tag.
> This logic is removed from in Tomcat 7.0.14. I am not able to figure  out
> this part. I feel there is no provision to mention these attributes  for NIO
> connector. I checked it.

You didn't check very carefully. You missed the inheritance.

> For example the connection timeout attribute  works perfectly for BIO
> connector...not for NIO connector.

Wrong. How may times do I have to say this? This has been tested and it
works. There is not a bug here. Clearly, you are doing something wrong.
You have been told exactly (by Chuck) what you need to do to investigate
this. Your continued insistence that this is a Tomcat bug when there is
zero evidence to support that theory and plenty of evidence to refute it
is unlikely to be encouraging folks here to help you.

> So, i believe the documentation in the link
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attributes<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attributeslot>doesn't
> seems to be accurate

Yes, the documentation is accurate.

> or I MAY BE WRONG,,,,, please share your
> thoughts on the same.

OK.
Thought 1. There is no need to shout. It is rude and further reduces the
chances of people here helping you.
Thought 2. There is no "may" about it. You are wrong. Very wrong.

> *Any suggestions would be most welcome.*

Really? Why would anyone here waste their time providing you with a
suggestion when all you have done with the advice you have been given so
far is ignore it?

Mark