Hi again,
this is realy driving me nuts for weeks :)

I am developing a Java SE application using *Tomcat* 7 in embedded mode. I am attempting to use the *tomcat* manager application (ManagerServlet) and Ant tasks to perform operations on the running *tomcat* instance. Tasks such as list, start, stop work fine, however the deploy and undeploy tasks *fail* with the following *exception* (see below). I actually get the same *exception* when trying to use the manager web interface (HTMLManagerServlet) which leads me to believe that this is a general configuration issue somewhere or misunderstanding in my code.

I guess there is still something wrong with my mappings as Chuck noticed.

/manager/html
/manager/jmxproxy
/manager/status
/manager/text

I realy read the API Documentation and UnitTest examples and haven't got any further :(

Code:
http://www.pastie.org/private/rehlryloo0zyl9korkupq

Errors via ANT and Web:

FAIL - Encountered exception javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:
Tomcat:type=Deployer,host=localhost

Trace:
01.07.2011 11:28:57 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
manager-servlet: managerServlet.check[/sample]
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Tomcat:type=Deployer,host=localhost
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:833)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.isServiced(ManagerServlet.java:1433)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:721)
        at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:350)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:240)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:399)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:317)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:204)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:311)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Cheers Darky