Am 14.07.2011 13:25, schrieb André Warnier:
Mark Thomas wrote:
On 14/07/2011 11:29, André Warnier wrote:
Hi.

This is a bit of a side question, or let's say a question-by-proxy.
I think for this problem, I have to treat tomcat as a little, rather
inefficient, black box and try to fixup on the apache front ends, hence
the direction of my original idea...

If you have no chance to get these applications fixed - keep it this way. Treat the tomcat as black box and add cache-control headers on the apache-frontend where possible.

Use Location(Match) and mod_headers to append whatever is needed to the server response to make it browser-cachable

        Stefan