Bobi,

You are doing something wrong, but your sparse explanations make it difficult to determine what.

Here is example how to run Tomcat just with JRE:

====
C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin>set JRE_HOME=
C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin>set JAVA_HOME=

C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin>startup.bat
Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined
At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program

C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin>set JRE_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\

C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin>startup.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE:   "C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\"
Using CLASSPATH: "C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\apps\apache-tomcat-7.0.11\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"
----

-Ognjen