We're launching Tomcat 7 under Linux using jsvc, and having it run under the tomcat7 user we created.

The issue we're seeing is that we had a webapp that was misconfigured, so that the tomcat7 user and all groups it is under did not have read access to the files. These files do not have world read set. However, the webapp is working just fine and must be reading those files.

It is acting as though it is running as root, but I can clearly see the second jsvc process running as tomcat7.

Does anyone know why it appears to be having root read on the filesystem? Or is this a Commons Daemon question?

Thanks,
Richard