Hi,

I am using a servlet to intercept form based authentication in order to insert
attribute into the request and then to redirect the request to j_security_check
using RequestDispatcher.
But I'm getting  a 404 page with the following error:

type Status report

message /myApp/j_security_check

description The requested resource (/MyApp/j_security_check) is not available.

If I'm going directly to /MyApp/j_security_check using my browser  -
j_security_check is found

Here is the code snippet:

String params = "j_username=" + request.getParameter("j_username") +
"&j_password=" + request.getParameter("j_password");
String encodedSecurityURL = response.encodeRedirectURL("/j_security_check?" +
params);

RequestDispatcher dispatcher ;
dispatcher = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(encodedSecurityURL);

dispatcher.forward( request, response);

Does anyone know why the code does not work but the direct call using the
browser does work?

Regards,
Chen Paz