I have been playing around with forwarding.  I have a variety of test
samples and they all work.  However, after trying to deploy a forwarding
mechanism within the contest of a larger page I have encountered the error,
"Cannot forward after response has been committed".  I have done some
googling on this error message and the gist seems to be that one cannot
forward after ANY HTML has been sent.  I could certainly understand that
because it would seem to me that it would be too late to forward after the
header has been sent.  That would also be consistent with the language of
the error message.  To test this hypothesis, I inserted some HTML content
(specifically a paragraph) preceding the forward in one of my test
examples.  To my surprise, the forward in that example continued to work
flawlessly.  Thus it became clear to me that I do not understand the exact
nature of the Cannot-forward-after-response-has-been-committed error.

Can someone please enlighten me on the exact nature of this error message?
Obviously, I would also be interested in knowing about any work-arounds,
e.g., if I were to use a redirect rather than a forward would this problem
go away.  This error could be a deal killer for me on this issue.  I hope
that that is not going to be the case.

Thanks for any input.

          ... doug