From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com] Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Ajp13Processor threads are not getting closed.

To the original poster Jagadish Raj :

Maybe let's restart from the beginning.

First, re-read this page of the online documentation for the mod_jk connector :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
Particularly, next to the connection_pool* parameters, the items in red.

Considering that, what is the MPM used on your Apache httpd server ?
(you can see this by running "/usr/sbin/apache2 -l" or "httpd -l"; list the
result here).
(This is to find out if your httpd server is running in "prefork" mode or one of the multi-threading modes.)

Then, what are the httpd settings for "KeepAlive" ?
(KeepAlive and KeepAliveTimeout). This is usually in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.

Edward Quick wrote:
mod_jk is not Tomcat so I'm not sure you need to worry about running an older
version of tomcat as long as it's listening on the AJP connector.