> From: Rain Man [mailto:cmssea...@hotmail.com]
> Subject: Default App when virtual host under Tomcat 7.0.20

> I'm trying to have virtual hosts in Tomcat 7.0.20 with a default app
> WITHOUT renaming everything ROOT

Not sure why you want to do things the hard way, but so be it.

You need to place the Animotest-1.war in a location outside of the <Host>
appBase directory so that Tomcat won't find it via auto-deployment.  Put the
full path in the <Context> docBase attribute (as you have done - just needs to
be in a location outside of Tomcat's directory structure).  Make sure there is
no ROOT directory or ROOT.war file under the <Host> appBase, and erase Tomcat's
work directory to make sure there's nothing confusing in there left over from
previous deployments.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.