On 09/15/2011 07:39 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2011/9/15 Steve Cohen<sco...@javactivity.org>:
There is a bad error on the Tomcat 6.0 documentation website:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Configuring_Manager_Application_Access

They give the 7.0 syntax for manager role names.  6.0 requires "manager",
not "manager-gui" or "manager-script" and it led astray for several hours.

The documentation is correct.
You are probably using an old version of Tomcat 6 (and you are not
telling us which one).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

6.0.20. Someone told me that the manager-gui, manager-script stuff was 7.0, I switched it to manager and it worked. So evidently, this was changed in a later 6.0.x version. To me, that seems like sort of a major change to make in a minor upgrade version and it should at least be documented. Or is the tomcat 6.0 documentation ONLY supposed to cover the latest release?