From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JAR replaced in lib not seen in Eclipse projects

2011/10/26 Savoy, Melinda <melindasa...@texashealth.org>:
> I made updates on 2 files in a JAR file that I replaced in the lib directory
> of my tomcat server.  All my projects in my eclipse workspace reference the
> Apache Tomcat v6.0 [Apache Tomcat v6.0] library in my build path.  However
> when I am debugging my app the old files I modified in my jar are still being
> called.
>
> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I'd guess that you replaced binaries only. How would eclipse find the
source code for them during debugging? Maybe it executes the new
classes, but still shows the old sources.

I hope that you have at least restarted Tomcat.

If everything else fails, you can delete the server runtime and
recreate it anew.

If you are debugging your app, you may look at the classloader of your
class. By examining the classloader hierarchy you may find whether it
is uses the jar file that you think it should be using.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.