> > Also, what happens if ROOT##001 and ##002 have the same log4j configs
> > and are writing to the same log file?? How have people handled this
> > situation?
>
> You'll certainly end up with both apps writing to the same file. Whether
> or not that is a problem will depend on exactly how you have configured
> logging.

Is it possible to pick up the name of the war file (or version number) so
that you can log to different files? So instead of

${catalina.base}\logs\myapp.txt

I could use

${catalina.base}\logs\myapp-${applicationName}.txt

say ${applicationName} which would be replaced with "ROOT##001", making the
log file

<catalina_base>\logs\myapp-ROOT##001.log?

Basically I am trying to ask does such a variable exist, and if so what is
its name?

Thanks

Chris