On 09/11/2011 07:00, spike@12 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup my application using with tomcat and it is working fine. But
> when I have restarted my DB machine, my application is not working. If I
> have restart my tomcat server then it is working fine.
> may I  know, how to connect to datasource automatically if my DB machine is
> restarted?? Is it having any specific parameter to connect datasource
> automatically??
>
> Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

It's better to tell us precise details about your Tomcat, Java and OS
version when asking a question.  I'll assume 7.0.

A validation query may help.  Note: restarting a DB while the
application server is up is often prone to problems.

Read:

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

Pay attention to the paragraph which refers to the 'validationQuery'
attribute.

[key:62590808]