2011/11/23 Andrew Kujtan <akuj...@evertz.com>:

> As it stands,  I think I'm just going to have to extract the class files
> from each of the patch jars and insert the structure into my
> WEB-INF/classes folder, as my understanding is that they are ahead of
> the lib folder in the classpath. Is this a viable alternative should all
> other avenues fail?

Yes, WEB-INF/classes are guaranteed to have precedence over WEB-INF/lib/*.jar.
IIRC that is mentioned in the Servlet spec, so I would recommend this way.

Yes, the order among jars is arbitrary and cannot be guaranteed.

There exists VirtualWebappLoader class that can be used to inject
additional jars into webapp, but note that is an advanced tool and it
is specific to Tomcat.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko