2011/11/23 Kurt <fxbird1...@163.com>:
>   I tried to invoke Bootstrap,but got an error saying  "Can't load
> server.xml from I:\workspace\mye10\TOMCAT_5_5_30\conf\server.xml",server.xml
> does exist

At least that is some logging. Maybe that problem can be solved?

The more usual configuration you are using, the more people would be
able to help.

> Is there any material to guide
> a newbie on how to compile,run tomcat 5 of your compiled version, config
> logging thing etc?

There are BUILDING.txt, RUNNING.txt as well as pages in the
webapps/(tomcat-)docs.

Even if they lack somewhere, there would not be much effort in
improving 5.5 documentation, because Tomcat 5.5 is near its end of
life.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko