On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 06:01 -0800, Thom Hehl wrote:
> I'm looking for stack traces. People report defects and we get a stack trace
> and I need to see it in the log, but instead, the log is still in the buffer.
> Usually I have to shutdown the server and start it back up to get the log
> entries. I'd just like to be able to flush the logs without shutting down the
> server.

Is this happening for all of your log files?  or just a specific one?
If specific, what is the name of the log file where this is occurring?

Also, can you confirm that Tomcat is writing the log file to a local
disk and not a remote share like Samba or NFS?

Lastly, you said you're running Tomcat 7.0.20 as a daemon.  I'm assuming
this means you're running it as a Windows Service.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong.  Are you using the service wrapper that ships with Tomcat or
are you using a different one?  Like Java Service Wrapper
(http://www.tanukisoftware.com/en/wrapper.php).

Dan