Xybrek wrote:
On 12/8/2011 9:19 PM, Xybrek wrote:
On 12/8/2011 8:52 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
Simplest would be to set up an index.html in the root path that
redirects to whatever you wish. You can find 500 hits on google about
how to do an HTML redirect.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xybrek [mailto:xyb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:07 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: How to forward all kind of request from ROOT to another
subdirectory?

Hello,

I need to forward all kind of request from the ROOT, i.e
http://localhost:8080/ to http://localhost:8080/myRoot

Is it possible, do I need to create a redirect servlet? However, I think

tomcat can be configured to behave that way?

Hi, I am using UrlRedirectFilter.

Also, I am able to redirect with UrlRedirectFilter from http://localhost:8080 to http://localhost:8080/myRoot

However my problem now is that I want to keep the URL in the browser relative to the original ROOT, i.e. right now when I request for http://localhost:8080/index.html it will show http://localhost:8080/myRoot/index.html

but I want to keep it like http://localhost:8080/index.html and for all other request.

Maybe I need to do something with the rules in the urlrewrite.xml

Any ideas?

Why do you not just rename "myRoot" to "ROOT", making this the default
application ?
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_make_my_web_application_be_the_Tomcat_default_application.3F